Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Days Continue On

So many times I think foreigners came into places like Ghana expecting to teach the people. I walked into Matthew 25 to discover everyone there has a higher education then me. It is them who will teach me.

I have learned more in two weeks then I have in my entire 12 years of schooling. Its really beautiful about how much you actually learn when you stop talking and listen.

To days I met with Amanda, Aryn and Mark and went to a funeral. We lost our dear dear friend, teacher and sister Bernadette. She was a nun who has been the Ghanaian coordinate for One World for years and she will be dearly missed. The funeral was huge, it included ex-president Rowling's who sister knew well.

I think the hardest part of the funeral was the wailing of all those who mourn her lost including many nuns. It scared me to think that those who put so much faith in the existence of God and Heaven are this sad when someone goes there.

Sister B had taken in Orphans over the years, she paid for them to go to school and live a normal life in Ghana, they called her their mother. My heart broke as I saw them all, the youngest being close to six. It scares me what could happen to them but I know they have a strong support system that extends to Canada. I wish I had had the opportunity to thank Sister for everything she has done for not only me but so many people world-wide. Its truly a shame God felt that he needed her.

RIP Sister B
January 10th 2008
Age 49

No comments: