Thursday, August 12, 2010

First times

I mowed the lawn for the first time this evening. After living on this earth for almost twenty one years its quite wild and unheard of that I have yet to put mower to grass. The front and backyard of my folks house are not that large so the task was only mildly challenging. It took a few minutes to figure out the inner workings of the lawn mower and properly turn it on. After following my dad's directions and multiple tries i finally heard the rev of the motor and the snap back of the rope, success. I carefully strided across the lawn trying to create a pattern that would impress every on looker while including my elderly neighbours lawn.

The tree in the middle of the lawn and the hills bending each and every way inhibited my smooth straight lines. But I pushed through and towed the mower to the backyard. There I won the war and went up the lawn, down the lawn, up and down and created a grid of freshly mowed grass.

I took a deep breath and took in that smell of new grass everyone craves, it was sweeter then normal, it was my mowed lawn.

No comments: