Saturday, February 23, 2008

The days are numbered.

31 days until I leave Ghana. I'm excited and sad at the same time. I'm really excited to go home and see my friends and family, I miss them all so much. I'm excited to go home and show my photos and tell my stories to everyone. I'm excited to eat different food even though the Ghanaian food will be something I will miss so much. I'm excited to wear new clothes as the ones I have are mostly stained and/or ripped. I'm also KINDA excited to start school. To add book knowledge to the experiential knowledge I have gained. But I know once I leave I'll miss Ghana, my second home now. The minute I'll step on the plane, leave the Ghanaian soil, I'll want to go back. I'll cry when I have to leave my friends, all of the beautiful people I have met during my time in Ghana.

BUT, I know I will be back. recently while falling asleep in my mosquito infested room I have been thinking about when I come back to Ghana. Seems strange to be planning to come back here when I haven't left. But Ghana does that to a person, makes you fall in love with it. It gets in your soul and never escapes. So, I'll be back, I know.

2 comments:

Riley Grace said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU. I'M SO EXCITED. And I'm so happy that you loved it in Ghana so much, i worried about you sometimes...mostly when i was missing you. I can't wait to hug you!!! You know you're going to make me cry.
Love you SO MUCH.
SOOOOOOOO much!

sister<3

arynotterbein said...

I don't actually like you and I can't wait until we don't have to see each other again. and i hate ghana. it's stinky. just like you.

just kidding.
i miss you.
i can't wait to eat red-red with you again. and hit up Evergreen's.

"And to watch you do your Grandfather's cane dance" -Mark.

And I shotgun coming back to Ghana. Mark says I can't shotgun it but I just did so poop on him.

PEAYCE!