Monday, February 4, 2008

October 4th 2007

Four months ago today I arrived in Ghana. It's hard to believe that four months ago plus one day I was in Canada. I remember arriving at the airport to see my three group mates, Amanda, Aryn, Mark minus beard. I remember the teary eyed goodbye with my mom, we held it together well. I remember the excited looks on Pamela and Colleans' faces because they knew where we were going. I remember going through my pictures on the floor in T.O. airport, forcing the others to see pictures of my friends and family. I remeber the lay over in Amsterdamn airport, eating our take away breakfasts' the KLM gave us and looking at our reflections on the electrical ramp thing. After a long time in the air, feeling restless, we arrived in Ghana. I remember waiting for our luggage seeing vicious dougs in cages that someone had brought overseas to Ghana. I also remember staying extra long in the airport with Mark because they lost one of our bags. I remember my first images of Ghana, it was dark outside and we walked out into a large crowd of people who were waiting for others to arrive. In this crowd was Sister B, Jackson and Eric.

Wow, four months ago and I still remember so much. As I sit here at a very slow computer at an internet cafe in K'dua drinking fermented corn, I hope that I can remember that much in four months from now.

No comments: